Cost to Attend

Many things can influence the costs of attending college. At California State University, Fullerton (CSUF) students are given a Cost of Attendance (COA). The COA reflects the estimated expenses for the nine-month academic year. Standard expenses included in the COA are the cost of state tuition fees, basic educational expenses such as books and supplies for two semesters, an allowance for room and board, transportation, and other basic living expenses. This information is based on the academic program of the student and their housing plan as indicated on their financial aid application. 

When thinking about paying for college, you should consider some of these expense are already being provided for your student and may not result in extra expenses for the student or family. It is encouraged that students and families work on developing a budget for a student calculating expenses already provided for the student. Then look at the new expenses for the student such as campus tuition and fees, parking and transportation expenses, estimated cost for materials and books, and any new housing changes (if the student will be living on-campus or off-campus). Are there sufficient resources to cover these additional expenses? Maybe some modifications need to be made. Financial Aid funds provided for students can assist with these educationally related expenses, so you may find the impact on your families finances to be less then you have planned on. Being prepared for what the financial impact of college for your student can prevent future concerns.

More information on the COA at CSUF


Parents and students can use the CSU Net Price & Cost Calculator (CSUNPCC) to get an estimate of a student's financial aid eligibility. CSUF Net Price Calculator is a free service designed for high school and college students (freshman through senior) and is offered through the CSU Apply website.



The use of CSUCC does not constitute an actual application for financial aid. To receive financial aid from a California State University campus, you must complete either the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act (CDA) Application. Learn how to apply for financial aid.