Summer Internship Program
Project RAISE facilitates the Summer Internship Program (SIP) for RAISE Transfer Program (RTP) students to obtain paid summer internships or opportunities in STEM fields. SIP will help students apply learning from their classroom and laboratory to the workplace, build a professional network, and gain skills needed to find jobs in STEM after graduation.
In partnership with the Orange County Business Council (OCBC) and CSUF Career Center, SIP will assist and prepare RTP students for STEM summer internship opportunities through individual career development appointments, workshops, and direct connections to employers.
Project RAISE also provides employer site tours for RTP students to explore opportunities in the area and identify potential internship sites.
Summer Internship Program Student Commitment
- Meet and provide regular updates to the Academic Success Coordinator or other Project RAISE staff member via email or appointments.
- Get resume and cover letter reviewed by a career specialist.
- Schedule a mock interview.
- Apply to various STEM paid summer internship opportunities.
Obtain a paid summer internship or opportunity and
- Complete the Internship Placement Form outlining commitment to the opportunity within the first 2 weeks of your internship.
- Complete part-time (10-20 hours) or full-time (35+ hours) during the summer months.
- Provide regular updates to the Project RAISE Academic Success Coordinator each month througout the summer.
Internship Site Responsibilities
The main priority of the internship experience is to provide students with a professional learning experience in which they gain new knowledge by performing tasks, working on projects, completing other on-the-job learning experiences in a professional work environment, and through mentoring. Internships provides students with the opportunity to test a tentative career choice.
- Provide an orientation that includes a site tour; an introduction to staff; a description of the characteristics of and risks associated with the Learning Site’s operations, services and/or clients; a discussion concerning safety policies and emergency procedures.
- Provide student with a written description of the student’s tasks and responsibilities.
- Provide appropriate training, equipment, materials, and work area.
- Direct supervisor meets with the student regularly to facilitate the student’s learning experience, provide support, review progress on assigned tasks, verify hours, and give feedback.
- Provide and complete end of internship evaluation.
- Communicate or meet with Project RAISE Academic Success Coordinator at least once or as needed, including post-internship survey.
To discuss or send your internship opportunities and get connected to CSUF students, please contact
Project RAISE at email@example.com or 657-278-4876.
RAISE Transfer Program students at the OC Sanitation District for a facility tour as preparation for the Summer Internship Program.