Resources for Undergraduate Research
The resources provided on this page help students increase their understanding of how to engage in undergraduate research. Our resources include various students' stories of how they've engaged in research, participated in graduate readiness programs that promoted research, and examples of how they shared their research at regional or national conferences.
The page is divided into four sections:
- Introduction to Undergraduate Research Programs
- Research Opportunities at Cal State Fullerton and other 4-Year Institutions
- STEM Organizations and Conferences
- Sharing Your Research
Community college students attending Citrus College , Cypress College , Fullerton College , Golden West College , Orange Coast College, Santa Ana College , or Santiago Canyon College who plan to transfer on or after Fall 2024 can apply for the Undergraduate Research Experience (URE) at California State University, Fullerton.
Students interested in participating in URE24 should submit an interest form by clicking the link below.
Introduction to Undergraduate Research Programs
Join us for insights into exploring summer research programs, to gain a better understanding of the Undergraduate Research Experience, and to hear about the experiences of students in research programs.
Click on our programming link below for videos and additional information about how to engage in udergraduate research programs.
Research Opportunities within 4 Year Institutions
Exploration of research labs and programs at CSUF and other 4-year institutions. Hear tips about getting into a research lab once you transfer!
Click on our programming link below for videos and additional information about research opportunities and graduate readiness programs at Cal State Fullerton and other 4-year schools.
STEM Organizations and Conferences
Discover student and professional organizations available for STEM majors.
Click on our programming link below for videos about CSUF STEM student clubs, as well as information about regional and national organizatiosn in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Sharing Your Research
Gain an understanding of how to create and present a research poster at a regional or national conference. Explore submission for conference attendance and presentations.
The following information provides quick access to conference information.
- Website: https://www.sacnas.org/
- Registration scholarships available, deadlines typically in August.
- Abstract submission deadline (for presenters): typically in July.
- Website: https://abrcms.org/
- Registration waivers may be available, deadlines in August.
- Abstract submission deadline (for presenters): typically in September.
- Website: https://www.sccur.org/
- Abstract submission deadline (for presenters): typically in August.