CSUF Linkage with American University of Antigua MD Program
American University of Antigua (AUA) College of Medicine is an innovative medical school dedicated to providing a learner centric education of the highest quality, providing opportunities to underrepresented minorities, fostering a diverse academic community, and ensuring that its graduates develop the skills and attitudes of life-long learning, compassion, and professionalism. We also provide students who would otherwise be unable to get a medical education with the tools to become successful physicians. AUA was founded with the commitment to support underserved communities and address the impending physician shortage with an emphasis on primary care. As such, the University recognizes its social responsibility to advance the field of medicine and lead the next generation of physicians and healthcare professionals to respond to global healthcare needs.
Since eligibility criteria for linkage programs tend to be more extensive than for traditional applicants, applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to apply for a CSUF linkage program with American University of Antigua M.D. Program
- CSUF Undergraduates must have completed Biology 172 and 273; Chemistry 120A and 120B; Math 115, 130, or 150A. (In some cases equivalent classes from other institutions may be accepted).
- CSUF Pre-Health Professions Certificate applicants are eligible for consideration once they have completed their first semester of classes in the PHPC program.
For consideration into a linkage program, students must complete
the AUA M.D. Program Requirements and CSUF Linkage Program Requirements.
CSUF Linkage Program Requirements
- Submit completed CSUF Linkage Program Application by the deadline.
- Undergraduates: Completion of course work with a cumulative GPA of 3.30 or higher in pre-requisite courses required by AUA
- Pre-Health Professions Certificate Program: Completion of certificate with at least 47 units and a GPA of 3.60 or above
- No "F" or "D" grade in any pre-requisite course required by AUA
- MCAT score totaling 24 with no individual score below 7
- A recommendation for admission by an AUA Admission Officer who has interviewed the student in person
Requirements to apply to the AUA M.D. Program
- Undergraduates: Biology 172 and 273; General Chemistry 120A and 120B; Organic Chemistry 301A, 301B, and 302; Physics 211; English 102; 1 semester of Calculus (Math 150A) or Statistics (Math 338); cumulative GPA of 3.3 or above.
- Pre-Health Professions Certificate Students: completion of 30 units or more with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 and above
- CSUF will supply the AUA Admission Officer with copes of the nominee's resume, a letter of recommendation from the CSUF Pre-Health Professions EAP Committee, two additional recommendation letters from science or math faculty, and official CSUF and high school transcripts. Student will also submit a personal statement discussing their motivation toward health care.
Applying to the CSUF Linkage with AUA MD Program
CSUF Linkage Program Application
- Available in February 2015
Materials Due: CSUF Linkage Program Application
All application materials should be mailed to:
CSUF Linkage Programs
University Hall 223
800 N. State College Blvd.
Fullerton, CA 92834-6848
Or emailed to email@example.com
Acceptance into the Linkage Program is provisional upon completion of all requirements which include but are not limited to
- Applicants must submit a centralized application (AACOMAS, AACPMAS, PHARMCAS, OPTOMCAS) on or before the schools’ closing date.
- For the DO linkages, MCAT must be completed by January of the year you wish to matriculate.
- All courses on the study plan must be completed by the end of Spring 2017 with no grades below B and an overall GPA of 3.6 PHPC students
- A grade or B or below, a grade of Incomplete or Fail or a semester GPA below 3.6 will be grounds for review and potentially revoking of the acceptance into the Linkage Program.
- Appropriate and required involvement in community and clinical activities.
- All additional requirements as indicated in contract letter.
For More Information about Applying for the CSUF Linkage Program
Visit the Application Process
Visit the FAQs
Contact the Health Professions Advising Office