CSUF Linkage with St. George's University School of Medicine
With its dedication to a universal model of education, the School of Medicine at St. George’s University offers a comprehensive program of study to accommodate the academic backgrounds and professional aspirations of students from all over the world.
St. George’s University has joined with CSU Fullerton to offer students an opportunity to obtain a BS/MD degree. Through the partnership, qualified students are able to pursue a career in medicine at St. George’s University following successful completion of the BS degree or pre-health professions certificate at CSU Fullerton. CSU students who apply and are admitted to the combined degree program may enter the four year MD program at SGU upon successful completion of the undergraduate degree program.
For more information about this program, contact
Assistant Director of Admission
Phone: 1 (800) 899-6337
+1 (631)-665-8500 ext. 9 1297
Since eligibility criteria for linkage programs tend to be more extensive than for traditional applicants, applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to apply for a CSUF linkage program with St. George’s University M.D. Program:
- CSUF Undergraduates must have completed Biology 172 and 273; Chemistry 120A and 120B; Math 115, 130, or 150A. (In some cases equivalent classes from other institutions may be accepted).
- CSUF Pre-Health Professions Certificate applicants are eligible for consideration once they have completed their first semester of classes in the PHPC program.
For consideration into a linkage program, students must complete BOTH the St. George’s University M.D. Program Requirements and CSUF Linkage Program Requirements.
CSUF Linkage Program Requirements
- Submit completed CSUF Linkage Program Application by the deadline.
- Undergraduates: Completion of course work with a cumulative GPA of 3.30 or higher in pre-requisite courses required by SGU
- Pre-Health Professions Certificate Program: Completion of certificate with at least 47 units and a GPA of 3.60 or above
- No "F" or "D" grade in any pre-requisite course required by SGU
- A competitive MCAT score, which is a cumulative score within 3 points of the average entering score at SGU in the prior term
- A recommendation for admission by an SGU Admission Officer who has interviewed the student in person
Requirements to apply to the SGU M.D. Program
- Undergraduates: Biology 172 and 273; General Chemistry 120A and 120B; Organic Chemistry 301A, 301B, and 302; 1 semester of Calculus; cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- Pre-Health Professions Certificate Students: completion of 30 units or more with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 and above
- CSUF will supply the SGU Admission Officer with copes of the nominee's resume, a letter of recommendation from the CSUF Pre-Health Professions EAP Committee, two additional recommendation letters from science or math faculty, and official CSUF and high school transcripts. Student will also submit a personal statement discussing their motivation toward health care.
Applying to the CSUF Linkage with SGU MD Program
CSUF Linkage Program Application
Materials Due: CSUF Linkage Program Application
All application materials should be mailed to
CSUF Linkage Programs
University Hall 223
800 N. State College Blvd.
Fullerton, CA 92834-6848
Or emailed to
Acceptance into the Linkage Program is provisional upon completion of all requirements which include but are not limited to:
- Applicants must submit a centralized application (AACOMAS, AACPMAS, PHARMCAS, OPTOMCAS) on or before the schools’ closing date.
- For the DO linkages, MCAT must be completed by January of the year you wish to matriculate.
- All courses on the study plan must be completed by the end of Spring 2017 with no grades below B and an overall GPA of 3.6 PHPC students
- A grade or B or below, a grade of Incomplete or Fail or a semester GPA below 3.6 will be grounds for review and potentially revoking of the acceptance into the Linkage Program.
- Appropriate and required involvement in community and clinical activities.
- All additional requirements as indicated in contract letter.
For More Information about St. George's University, Visit
For More Information about Applying for the CSUF Linkage Program
Visit the Application Process
Visit the FAQs
Contact the Health Professions Advising Office
- Email email@example.com
- Call 657-278-3980
- Visit University Hall 223 (UH-223)
- Schedule an appointment to meet an advisor