CSUF Linkage with LECOM Osteopathic Medicine (DO) Program
The Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) takes a total-person approach to health care encompassing the mind, body and spirit of the patient. The osteopathic physician becomes a partner with the patient on a pathway to health and well-being. Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine is looking for medical students who will excel in academics, clinical care, research and community service. The College selects applicants who show an awareness of osteopathic medicine recognizing total-person health care for the patient and for the community.
LECOM has developed special Early Acceptance Programs (linkages) with California State University, Fullerton that grant qualified students a provisional early acceptance to LECOM’s School of Pharmacy, School of Dental Medicine or College of Osteopathic Medicine at two LECOM campuses:
- Erie, Pennsylvania
- Greensburg, PA
- Bradenton, Florida
For high school students, an application to the EAP is separate from the application to the undergraduate school. The EAP is also available to current CSUF first year and second year undergraduate students. This program is not available to anyone with a bachelor's degree or higher. Students may apply to enroll in the EAP by going to the Affiliated Undergraduate College Inquiry website.
LECOM will review the application and, if the student meets the requirements, LECOM will offer the student a list of EAP interview dates to self-schedule an interview. Following a successful interview, LECOM will notify the student that they qualify for a provisional letter of acceptance from LECOM and will be enrolled in the EAP after a student successfully matriculates to CSUF. To provide evidence of successful matriculation, LECOM requires students to submit their school email address. The student and the affiliated school will then be sent the provisional letter of acceptance.
Additional requirements, including a final application to LECOM, must be met for final acceptance to LECOM, but another interview is not required. The specific criteria for final acceptance into the programs will vary from school to school, but the general requirements are listed below:
- High school students:
- An SAT score (Math and Verbal Reasoning) greater than or equal to 1170 on a single exam or an ACT score greater than or equal to 26, and an un-weighted high school GPA of 3.5 or higher. (Valid when taken Before March 2016)
- An SAT score of 1240 or higher is required for those who took the exam in or after March 2016.
- Current CSUF students:
- Students already attending the affiliate institution must have at least a cumulative overall GPA of 3.4 and at least a cumulative science GPA of 3.2.
- Undergraduates are eligible to apply after completing two semesters of General Chemistry and General Biology and one semester of calculus.
- Students can apply to only one campus and the MCAT is not required,
- Students already matriculated to CSUF should complete the LECOM on-line enrollment form prior to the start of their third year of undergraduate studies.
- A student in the College of Medicine is not required to submit an AACOMAS application in their final year prior to LECOM. The affilated student will send an EAP Medical School application directly to LECOM to finalize the matriculation.
For more information go to lecom.edu and search for: AFFILIATE
For More Information about LECOM, Visit
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT APPLYING FOR THE LINKAGE PROGRAM
Visit the FAQs
Contact the Health Professions Advising Office
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 657-278-3980
- Visit University Hall 223 (UH-223)