Advising for Current Students: Art BA & BFA Major Advising Information
Visual Arts Majors: This site is to help you with resources for major advising and assist with planning for your class registration needs. Please read the entire page for all important information.
Schedule your major advising appointment via TitanNet (link below). Faculty may also conduct advising in classes. Below is a list of advisors and links to advising sheets for each BA or BFA major and concentration.
The Art Office staff team and faculty advisors will assist you. If you have questions, please contact your advisor or email the Art Office (email@example.com).
General Education Advising: If you have questions about General Education (GE) advising, please see this site.
Career and Art Major Advising: Check the list below to find an advisor in your area of study or your intended area of study. Your Advisor will be someone teaching in the degree and concentration which you intend to study.
- Make note of your advisor’s name and visit TitanNet. This will take you to a new webpage.
- In TitanNet, select Make an Appointment, then Advising, Visual Arts Advising, and then select your concentration. You will see faculty availability and be able to schedule an appointment. Please note only 60-days of appointments will appear as available.
- Before your Advising appointment, create a semester-to-semester plan for your upcoming courses as well as your elective courses for future semesters.
Your advisor may discuss with you:
- What classes are required in your degree program,
- What classes have you already taken for your degree, and
- What courses you will take in future semesters.
To plan for your major advising appointments, see and complete:
- The Schedule of Classes (visit the student center in your portal, Schedule of Classes) to prioritize ART class schedules due to the 6-hour meeting times for studio classes each week.
- Download and complete the one-page Art Degree Advisement Worksheet (available below next to the names of your advisors). Have this completed and ready for your meeting.
- Academic Roadmaps / Degree Roadmaps show courses planned for each Spring and Fall term for each major and concentration.
TitanNet: Students are now able to book advising appointments through TitanNet , which can be found through the student portal. Once in TitanNet, select Make an Appointment, then Advising, Visual Arts Advising, and then select your concentration. You will see faculty availability and be able to schedule an appointment.
More information on how to access TitanNet can be found here . Students are also responsible for cancelling any of their scheduled appointments through TitanNet.
Bachelor of Arts in Art - Advisors and Forms
Advisors: Elisa C. Mandell, Camila Maroja, Joanna Roche, and Christopher Slogar*
General Studio Art
Advisors: Joe Biel, Bryan Cantley, Andrew Dickson and Lawrence Yun*
Teaching (Art Education)
Advisors: Elizabeth (Betsy) Holster and Mary Anna Pomonis*
*denotes Concentration Head
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Art - Advisors and Forms
Advisor: Nobuhito Nishigawara*
Computer Animation and Game Art
Advisors: Carol Ashley,* Andy Fedak, and Erik Carpenter
Creative Photography & Experimental Media
Advisors: Linda Kroff and Julie Orser*
Drawing & Painting
Advisors: Rebecca Campbell, Kyung Sun Cho,* and Joe Forkan
Advisors: Kathy Baur and Andy Fedak*
Advisor: Hiromi Takizawa*
Graphic & Interactive Design
Advisors: John T. Drew, Juan Manuel Escalante, Sergio Lizarraga,*
Theron Moore, and Chen Wang
Advisor: Christian Hill*
Jewelry and Metals
Advisor: Christina Smith*
Advisor: Mateo Tannatt*
*denotes Concentration Head