New Student Spring Advising & Registration:
Department of Art | Visual Arts (ART Students)
Congratulations, and welcome to the Department of Art | Visual Arts (ART) in the College of the Arts (COTA) at Cal State Fullerton!
Please read through this webpage carefully! It contains very important information about required orientation and advising sessions for new students this spring of 2023. Below are the steps to complete your freshmen or transfer student orientation, advising, and registration.
New Student Orientation Websites
- All-university orientation
- Parent and family orientation
- First-time freshman (FTF)
- Upper-division transfers (UDT)
Make sure to run your Titan Degree Audit (TDA) to see what classes are listed as options in each section for all requirements.
General Art Department Information
- Art Department web page
- Art Department catalog website (for degree programs, requirements, classes, and other Art offerings)
Although the university gives you the option for either in-person or online orientation, we encourage you as strongly as possible to sign up for in-person orientation! This has three important advantages over online orientation.
- You will be on campus and can orient yourself to the layout and available services.
- You will meet with both a faculty and staff advisor in-person.
- You will end the day with most of your fall schedule.
IN-PERSON ORIENTATION AND ADVISING
We strongly recommend signing up for in-person orientation and advising.
Here are the steps:
- From the CSUF homepage , log into your CSUF student portal using your university-issued username and password (if you have changed your password from the one originally assigned, use that new password).
- Navigate to the Student Homepage, either via the cube widget top right that opens your list of apps, or scroll down to the section with your Titan Online apps.
- Click on the “Admission” tile.
- Click on the “Orientation” tab on the far-left menu.
- Select either the in-person option (most highly recommended, then select date and complete registration) or the online orientation module option (not recommended, but you will receive the link to the modules). Note that registration for in-person orientation is open until June 2 or until capacity is reached.
In-person orientation days for ART and COTA
Thursday, January 12, 2023 or Friday, January 13, 2023
Bring copies of your unofficial college transcripts for your advising session on your orientation day.
Online Orientation is a three-step process that includes interactive modules.
View the Department of Art Video First-Year and Transfer Students
Additional resources: Spring 2023 Registration Guide.
Please email email@example.com with any further questions.
Disability Support Services (DSS): Should you need accommodations during advising and registration and/or while at CSUF, DSS is available to support you and answer any questions or concerns that you may have during this time. DSS staff will be responding to emails and inquiries remotely and meeting with students via Zoom during their usual 8:00am – 5:00pm business hours. Please visit their website for further details.
Bachelor of Arts in Art - Advisors
*denotes Concentration Head
Bachelor of FINE Arts in Art - Advisors
Glass: Hiromi Takizawa*
Illustration: TBA (contact Dept. Chair, Michelle Murillo)
Jewelry and Metals: Hiromi Takizawa*
Sculpture: Mateo Tannatt*
*denotes Concentration Head